- Featuring an eye-catching design with a front handle made of FAT Carbon Fiber, Titanium Alloy back, and clip, this knife boasts a lightweight construction at just 3.72 ounces, making it perfect for everyday carry.
- 17 layers ZDP-189 Super Steel. ZDP-189 is a Japanese Super High-end Stainless Steel. It’s one of the latest developments in PM (Powder Metallurgy), offers extreme hardness, corrosion resistance and wear resistance. With a maximum hardness of 67HRC, the steel can offer a great hardness that’s going to result in an exceptional Edge Retention!
- Japanese traditional convex grind (Hamaguri-ba) finished blade shows amazing toughness and resistance to edge chopping.
- Frame Lock provides assurance that the blade will stay in place while its open, and easy one-hand closing.
- Heat treatment certification from HATTA KOGYO CO.,LTD in Japan.
About its blade
If you notice some special "speckles" on the top layer of your ZK03 blade, please rest assured, these are not residual stains. The KATSU ZK03 blade is crafted from 17-layer ZDP-189 super steel and meticulously hand-finished by seasoned craftsmen. These "speckles" are a characteristic feature resulting from the hand-finishing process of this material.
If you are unfamiliar with this material and craftsmanship, please visit this post "The Artistry Behind KATSU ZK02 Blades" or "About the blade of KATSU ZK02" for further information.
Each KATSU KNIVES undergoes rigorous inspection before shipping, so the KATSU ZK03 you receive is unquestionably of superior quality. We have immense confidence in this.
|17 layers ZDP 189 super steel
|Front: FAT Carbon Fiber
Back: Titanium alloy
Our knives are built to last. Cleaning and caring for your knife will maintain performance and enhance the life of your knife.
Tips for Caring Folding Knives
- Keep your knife dry; that means the entire knife, not just the blade.
- Keep your knife clean, particularly moving parts and locking devices.
- Keep your knife oiled; especially pivot points and the blade. Oil at least twice a year.
- Keep your knife sharp; a sharp blade is safer than a dull one.
- Again, store your knife in a dry place.
Tips for Caring Kitchen Knives
- Always use an appropriate cutting board in the kitchen to get the most out of the sharpness of your knives.
- Cleaning knives after each use will keep them in the best condition and promote food safety.
- Knives require a safe dry storage place, and a knife block is perfect for storing knives.